With school back in session we have the perfect afternoon snack for you and your little ones! These Brown Butter Cherry Pumpkin Seed Granola Bars are so incredibly yummy and a healthy treat you can feel good about feeding your littles and yourself. With the toffee flavor from the brown butter, the nutty flavor from the seeds, and the sweetness from the cherries, this is sure to become a family favorite! As an added bonus they are extremely easy to make, if you can make rice krispies than you can make these.
Brown Butter Cherry Pumpkin Seed Granola Bars
– 2 cups rolled oats
– 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
– 1/2 cup millet
– 1 cup dried cherries
– 1 tablespoon chia seeds
– 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
– 3/4 cup butter
– 1/2 cup honey
– 1/4 cup molasses
– 1/3 cup brown sugar
– 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Line and grease a 13×18″ jelly roll pan, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, stir together oats, pumpkin, millet, cherries, chia seeds and salt, set aside.
3. In a medium pot, melt butter over medium-low heat. Continually stir until butter starts to turn a dark golden brown color. Watch closely as the butter can go from brown to burnt very quickly! Add in honey, molasses and brown sugar. Stir and cook until it comes to a bubble. Reduce heat and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
4. Pour hot mixture over dry ingredients and mix until combined.
5. Pour onto prepared baking sheet and press down evenly throughout pan.
6. Let cook in refrigerator for 2 hours then cut into bars.
* These bars are very soft and keep best in the fridge.