During the heat of summer we tend to opt for lighter + cooler + minimalistic meals + snacks. One of our favorites that has been on repeat in our house is this Chucky Guacamole. It is so quick + easy to make + is an instant crowd pleaser. You may wonder what’s so great about this guacamole, well i’ll tell you. Instead of the mushy mess you usually get this recipe is chunky, no mashing required, which not only saves times but looks so much more appetizing. So next time your tummy is grumbling and you are looking for not only a yummy but healthy snack try this and you can thank us later!
- 3 large ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 large jalapeño, stemmed, seeded and finely-diced
- half a medium red onion, peeled and diced
- juice of 1 lime (about 2 Tablespoons)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (such as cherry, grape, or roma tomatoes)
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro, loosely packed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1. Add the avocados, jalapeno, red onion, lime juice, tomatoes, and cilantro to a large bowl. Sprinkle evenly with salt and cumin.
2. Using two spoons, toss the guacamole until it is evenly combined. Taste and season with extra salt if needed.
3. Serve immediately with chips for dipping.