We are finally getting the swing of things with kiddos back in school and figuring out our new routines. One goal we’ve set for ourself is to be better at eating breakfast and a healthy one at that! Lately we’ve been obsessed with making homemade granola because it’s so easy + tastes so good! A win all around! You can make a big batch of this granola ahead of time and put in a zip lock bag or container and store for several days. It makes for a quick + easy breakfast… just add almond milk or put on top of yogurt! It even makes for the perfect car snack to munch on. Recipe below!
– 1 cup slivered almonds
– 3 cups old fashioned oats
– 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
– 1/3 cup brown sugar
– 1/3 cup honey
– 3 tablespoons coconut oil
– 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pour the almonds, oats, salt, + brown sugar into a bowl + stir to combine.
3. In a small microwaveable bowl, combine honey + coconut oil, + heat for 40 seconds. Stir to dissolve the coconut oil, + add the vanilla + almond extract.
4. Pour the honey mixture over the oats, and stir so that they are evenly coated.
5. Pour the oat mixture evenly onto a Silpat or parchment lined baking sheet (helpful if it has sides).
6. Bake for 5 minutes, then stir + spread back to an even layer. Return to the oven for 5 more minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.
7. Pour the granola onto a piece of wax paper to cool. Spread it out into a thin layer – about 1/2 inch thick.
8. After it cools completely, break the granola into clusters + store in an airtight container.