With cold + busy days during the week it’s nice to come home to a warm + quick meal. Well we have just the thing for you, our Pumpkin Tortellini + Brown Mushrooms is not only quick but super easy + super yummy. It is the perfect solution to “What’s for dinner tonight?”
Pumpkin Tortellini + Brown Mushrooms
- 1 package of your favorite refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 10-15 brown mushrooms, sliced
- bunch of sage leaves, stems removed
- olive oil for frying
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2-3 tablespoons white wine
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt + pepper to taste
- dash of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Cook tortellini per package instructions and set aside
- Fry sage leaves in olive oil. Drain off excess oil off leaves on a paper towel and set aside.
- Use the same oil from the sage to fry up the sliced mushrooms, set aside.
- In a small sauce pan combine pumpkin puree, cream, wine, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and garlic. Whisk together and cook until cheese is melted and a thin sauce forms.
- Toss together pasta, sauce, mushrooms, sage and enjoy!