Christmas is in just a couple short days and we’ve been busy around here prepping for this magical day. One of our holiday traditions is to host a breakfast for the grandparents at our house after the little peanuts have opened their presents from Santa. Breakfast food is our favorite food and every year we have fun trying out new recipes and also making our favorites from years past. One of our new favorite dishes that is perfect to serve on Christmas morning is a Raspberry Cream Cheese Danish! So delicious + so beautiful! A win win in our book! Another great things about this pastry is that you can make it the night before to just warm up in the morning to allow even more time with your family! Recipe below… enjoy + we hope you have a great rest of the holiday season!
– 1 box (1 pound) puff pastry, cold
– 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
– 1 egg
– 1/4 cup white sugar
– 1 tablespoon cornstarch
– 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
– 1/4 cup raspberry fruit preserves
– 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
– 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
– 1 cup icing sugar
– 1 tablespoon milk
– additional fresh raspberries for serving
– In the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment beat cream cheese, egg, white sugar, cornstarch and vanilla until smooth, set aside.
– Once your filling is ready, roll out your puff pastry to a thin rectangular shape.
– Cut lines diagonally on each side leaving about 4-5 inches in the center. Add your cream cheese followed by spoonful’s of the raspberry preserves.
– Fold in ends & cross the lines in a V shape to get the braided effect, make sure to braid some what tightly.
– Follow by a light egg wash on top.
– Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until the puff pastry is golden brown.
– While the Danish bakes, make your glaze by combining cream cheese, sugar & milk until the desired consistency is formed.
– Remove from oven and immediately drizzle with the glaze.
– Top with fresh raspberries if desired.