What’s for lunch today?! This Sesame Shrimp with Asian Greens Rice Bowl is a must to try! The first time we tried it we instantly fell in love and can always use a little spice in our life! The mix of shrimp with edamame and asparagus is a great balance of healthy goodness that we for one can use more of! Throw it all over your favorite rice and you’ve got an easy + delicious meal for the fam! Recipe + directions below!
– ó cup ponzu sauce
– 1 tablespoon grated ginger
– 2 tablespoons sesame oil
– 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
– ¼ teaspoon red chile flakes
– 1 tablespoon brown sugar
– 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined with tails remove
– 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
– 5 cups rainbow swiss chard, chopped with hearty stems removed
– 6 green onions, chopped
– 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
– 1 cup shelled edamame
– 10 stalks of asparagus spears cute into 1″ pieces
– 4 cups cooked brown rice
– 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. In a medium size bowl, whisk the ponzu sauce, grated ginger, sesame oil, garlic, brown sugar and red chile flakes. Add the shrimp to the sauce and toss to coat. Set aside the shrimp to marinade for 30 minutes in the refrigerator up to 1 hour.
2. In a large pan or a wok, bring the heat to high and add the oil to the pan. Add half of the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes until cooked on one side then stir the shrimp quickly with a wooden spoon or tongs for another minute until the shrimp is browned on each side. Transfer the shrimp to a bowl and add a bit more oil of needed then add the rest of the shrimp, repeating the cooking process, and transfer to the bowl when cooked. Pour the remaining marinade in the pan and bring to a boil then scrape up the bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the green onions and cook for 1 minute. Add the swiss chard, spinach, asparagus and edamame and cook, tossing often like stir fry for 1-2 minutes or until slightly wilted. Add the shrimp back to the greens and stir to combine. Garnish with more green onions and sesame seeds.
3. Divide the brown rice to serving bowls and top with the shrimp and greens. Serve immediately with Sriracha sauce if you like it spicy.