We can’t believe the holiday weekend is only a week away and if you are celebrating this weekend as well with friends and family it’s the perfect time to give one of our favorite festive drinks a try! The Whiskey Rose Cocktail is beautiful and perfect for celebration drink! You can even make it kid friendly in our tips below. Enjoy + have a great weekend!
– 1.5 oz rye whiskey
– 1/2 oz rosemary simple syrup
– 1/2 oz lemon juice
– Sparkling apple soda such as IZZE Sparkling Apple
– Sprig of rosemary + slice of apple for garnish
1. Make the Rosemary Simple Syrup. Add one cup of sugar and one cup of water to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Once sugar is dissolved, remove from the heat and add 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary. Once its cooled, strain the simple syrup and place in a lid tight container. Keep any extra refrigerated.
2. For the Whiskey Rose, in a cocktail glass, stir together whiskey, simple syrup, + lemon juice. Add a scoop of ice. Top with sparkling apple soda, then dash with bitters. Garnish with your rosemary + your apple slice.
* To make a kid-friendly version serve sparkling apple soda with an apple slice