With the hot temps of summer what better way to cool off than with an icy glass of Watermelon Jalapeno Margaritas. These margaritas are sure to become your new summer favorite! The sweet watermelon combined with the spicy jalapeno forms the perfect concoction. As an added bonus, if you want to be the hit of your next party whip up a batch of these up and they will definitely be a crowd pleaser!
Watermelon Jalapeno Margaritas
- 8 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 1/2 cups white tequila
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur (such as Triple Sec)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup Simple Syrup
- 1 to 2 jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced
- Cracked ice
- Garnishes: fresh jalapeño slices, watermelon wedges
1. Puree watermelon, in batches, in a blender or food processor. Pour puree through a wire-mesh strainer, pressing with the back of a spoon; discard pulp and seeds.
2. Combine watermelon liquid, tequila, and next 4 ingredients in a large pitcher. Cover and chill 1 hour (longer for a stronger pepper flavor). Serve over ice. Garnish, if desired.