We are so thrilled to have guest blogger, Sarah Hubbell, editor of Emma Magazine with us today and sharing an oh so darling DIY ornament project with us! This 3-ingredient recipe is super simple to whip up and can be made year after year as your little one grows. It also makes a great gift for grandmas and grandpas!
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
Circle Cookie Cutter
Alphabet Stamps (optional)
- Mix flour and salt together in a stand mixer.
- Slowly add in water until dough forms.
- Switch stand mixer attachment to dough hook and knead until dough springs back at the touch (approximately 5 minutes).
- Roll dough out to desired thickness.
- Cut circles out of dough.
- Using the eraser from your pencil, create a hole near the edge of the ornament for hanging.
- Have your little one place their hand (or foot works too!) firmly on the dough. We also chose to stamp our son’s name in the dough, but that’s completely optional!
- Place in the oven at 200 degrees F (no need for pre-heating) for 2 hours.
- Allow to cool and attach ribbon. Hang on your tree!
How cute and fun are these! We will for sure be doing these this weekend! Thank you so much to Sarah and the team at Emma for sharing this tutorial with us! If you are looking for another great winter kids project check out the DIY SNOW GLOBE we made for Emma Magazine!