A couple weeks ago we were invited partner with + spend our Friday night date night at our local buybuy BABY store and shop for baby the best baby products for our new baby boy who is almost here! It’s been five years since we’ve really stepped into a baby store and to be honest it was a bit overwhelming (in a good way!) I couldn’t even believe how many products they carried and didn’t really know where to start! So much has changed in the baby gear department over the past 5 years and so many new innovations that really help to make parenthood as easy as possible. With this being our third baby I do feel like I know which types of items will actually get used and which ones we really don’t need. I’m excited to share with you our top 10 list of baby gear essentials that we highly recommend + many other mothers in our community.
I can’t stop thinking about the experience we had at our local buybuy BABY store. The expert store associates there were so helpful and honestly had so much knowledge about every single product… and we asked a lot of questions! This darling lady who was working in the registry department was walking around to all the pregnant moms in the store giving them ice cold water bottles and making sure they knew were the closet bathroom was! I was truly impressed with the customer service there as well as the selection of products they carry. You can find pretty much anything you need and the range of pricing is perfect! They carry all the top name brand products as well as every price point in-between so you are sure to find something that works best for you! Their registry program makes selecting items for your little baby such a breeze as well as the return + exchange policy. With that all being said let’s dive into the products we picked up on our shopping trip!
1. Maxi-Cosi Mico Max 30 | We had a Maxi-Cosi car seat with our first baby 7 years ago and absolutly loved it because it was much lighter to carry then other carseats on the market at the time. With our second we decided to try something different and hated it. For our third we knew we wanted to go back to the Maxi-Cosi Mico Max 30 that offers supreme comfort, safety, and style.
2. DockATot Deluxe | If there was only one new product I could get for this baby I kept saying all I wanted was a DockATot! I’ve heard SO many rave reviews from fellow people in the industry and friends who have used this innovative sleeping lounger and truly swear by it. I can just tell that it’s a game changer and anything to help with sleeping is top on our list! Now available at buybuy BABY!
3. ComoTomo | With so many baby bottle brands on the market it can be super overwhelming to know even where to begin. We’ve heard so many good things about the ComoTomo bottles for the past several months and we’ve got to find out what all the rage is about! The naturally shaped, soft silicone nipple is ideal for babies who have trouble transitioning from nursing to bottle-feeding, and features an innovative and sensible design to most closely mimic natural breastfeeding.
4. 4Moms mamaRoo 4 | If you’ve had a baby recently or are pregnant chances are you’ve heard about the wonders of the mamaRoo. This infant seat is changing the game in a big way and we are totally on board! This was another product that I knew I had to try + just know it’s going to be life changing! This smart seat bounces and sways just like you do when you’re comforting your baby. It’s soft and plush and provides plenty of entertainment with built-in music and toys and MP3 and Bluetooth compatibility.
5. Kiinde Kozii Bottle Warmer | Ok we will be honest. We’ve never used a bottle warmer with our previous babies and not for sure it’s a necessity but maybe more of a luxury item. But I feel like we are maybe missing out on something great so we wanted to try a bottle warmer this time around! The sales team at buybuy BABY helped us pick out this particular warmer because it would work well with the ComoTomo bottles + is a safe, fast way to warm breast milk, formula or food! Can’t wait to use this guy!
6. 4Moms Infant Bath Tub | 4Moms is killing it in the gear department these days so we knew we could trust getting this infant tub. One of the features we were particularly drawn to is that it has a color-coded digital thermometer which makes it easy to set the perfect temperature for baby’s skin. It’s designed for use with running water to ensure that baby is always bathed in clean, fresh water. The side drain allows for the dirty water to drain out while the clean water flows in.
7. Bugaboo Buffalo | We’ve talked about our love for our Bugaboo Buffalo before and are still going to use it for this baby! We’ve had it for a couple of years and it’s still in great condition. It’s no secret that Bugaboo’s line of strollers are more expensive then most brands but we’ve tried them all and found out that investing our money into something better built has actually saved us money in the long run. If you are planning on having more then one child we highly recommend investing in something a little higher quality that will last you through the years. buybuy BABY is one of the only local stores that carry this brand so we stalked up on some gear to add to our Buffalo like the Wheeled Board (great for letting another child ride along), Cup Holder, and Snack Tray.
8. Doddle & Co Pop Pacifier | Have you seen these yet?! So genius! Should the Doddle & Co Pop Silicone Pacifier fall on the floor, the nipple pops into the self protective silicone bubble keeping it from getting dirty! The retracting pacifier mimics the motion of a natural teat, making it great for children birth to 6 months of age. Genius!
9. Bubula Diaper Pail | I remember someone telling us after our first baby what a waist diaper pails were and I was so shocked because I’ve always loved using one. Times have changed and they’ve improved even more over the years. We loved the Bubula Diaper because you can use your own bags (no special bags needed…bonus!) and it boasts a large container that holds more diapers. It features an airtight lid to trap odors. Crafted of durable steel and aluminum, this pail won’t absorb odors!
10. Bumbo Multi Seat | No list would be complete without the Bumbo! We (and every other parent out there) love the Bumbo Multi Seat’s easy to use, functional design that grows along with your child. Removable tray makes meal time cleanup a breeze! The 3 point harness keeps your little one secure. We love how versatile it is! Use as a floor seat, feeding seat, or booster seat.
We would love to hear your thoughts on these products or some of your must-have baby gear in the comments! And make sure to check back because we will be sharing more about these products once we’ve had a chance to really test them out!